Tuesday 25 July 2017

Going walkies

My friend asked me whether I would like to take a walk with her on Sunday. Provided the weather was nice. And even though the deadline for the books is coming closer and closer, I realised I needed a bit of air and sunshine. Especially after the week of long shifts I've had last week.

So, on Sunday I made my way to Ryvarden, a place where we had been before and which isn't too taxing on life and limbs. But when I met my friend there, she had brought with her another friend: Fiona. A Jack Russell/Bichon Frisé mix who was just the sweetest little dog. 

We began our tour and boy oh boy, did Fiona have a lot of work to do: pee-mail everywhere! And of course they all had to be answered as well, but she was a diligent dog and did not skip a single one. Since we were very early, we only saw two other people and we had the whole path to ourselves. 

Once we got to the light house, we went down to the former jetty area and had a little sniff and a snoop around there. When we went back up, the little snack area had opened and we got some waffles and I even got a salted herring (not to be repeated there though). After that we went back to the cars.

This time there were a lot more people on the path though. And not only people, but dogs as well. Fiona said hello to one dog (Theo), but she isn't too used to and/or fond of dogs, so we had to keep the leash short, because she would bark up a storm. Until the other dog had passed and all was forgotten. 

It was a beautiful day though with good company and good waffles. Now, if I only had had a beer waiting in the fridge....

18 comments:

  1. Looks a wonderful walkies especially the bit with the furfriends!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite like the sound of a little dog yapping ... thank goodness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatttttttttttttttttttt fun and Fiona is adorable. I know you enjoyed the company and the sunshine and good eats.
    We love love love love our precious handmade mice.
    Mom will have a post up on Monday 7/31, and they have names.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Well that was just grand! Sunshine, dogs and waffles is a mix I would enjoy also &*> YAM xx (just back to the Hutch...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun. Not too long, just right.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the perfect Sunday for recharging the batteries for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely outing, with a pup, beautiful views, and waffles. Fiona sure is a cutie, I love the picture of her flying over the rock face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw her flying over that rock face when I looked at the photos back home. A real lucky shot indeed!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun time. Next time you go shopping get some beer to keep in your fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a good decision on how to spend your time!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. And after I got home I didn't do much either: the weather was just too nice!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful walk! Wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to think of you when I saw Theo (the dog Fiona met). I thought he looked a bit like you! Shame I didn't ask what brand he was. Sorry, not brand. Type. Nope. Breed! That's it. Breed.

      Delete
  10. Looks like you had a great day. Fiona looked like she enjoyed exploring those rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a walk with a dog is more fun ! I miss Charlie so much when I walk with my friend. And then people always start to talk to you when you have a dog, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before I forget, cause that is what I do best these days, Love the new header photo! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hope you found that brew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No brew, but I did locate some rosé!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!