Tuesday 14 June 2016

You can pass...

Every single stamp in my old passport was in the top right hand corner.
The hole went right through them all!!!
Living in Norway meant that I had to order my passport at the Dutch Embassy in Oslo. Which is about 2 hours away. By car, plane and train that is! But, since I had to order it in person, two weeks ago I made my way over together with Brom. It took about 5 minutes to order it and I knew it would take about 5 minutes to pick it up again as well. Until they asked me whether I wanted it sent home...

That meant however, that for the past two weeks I have been without a passport. I had thought about issuing my parents and other loved ones with the warning not to do anything silly with themselves (like getting seriously ill and such), but in the end I decided against it. You never know what people will get up to when you tell them not to do something!

However, in case of an emergency, the only thing I had to do was ring the Embassy and they would help out. As of today though, that is no longer necessary. Because today I picked up my new passport at the local supermarket (which also doubles as a post office). The photo is even worse than I thought, but there is plenty of space to put new stamps in. 

Now, where shall I go first??

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, travel abroad in September, but my passport was only valid until August. I thought I would beat the rush...

      Delete
  2. May as well make the effort of getting a new passport worthwhile, aye? Australia ... Come to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia sounds nice. Not this year though, I will have to save up first!

      Delete
  3. When I need a new one, the old one is valid until I get the new one ! They put a mention in it if I remember well, because it's fortunately only every 10 years !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari om
    Does the new passport mean you can star over??? If only we could order new life events liks that :-) ....maybe you could pop over to Sweden, jus' 'cos... YAMxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might pop over to Sweden. Mind you, what with Schengen and all, I don't think there will be a stamp though...

      Delete
    2. ...am going to have to look that up...

      Delete
  5. Glad that it all worked out for you and no one did anything silly while you were without it!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!