Friday 12 June 2015

The team meet

No, I didn't need crowd control! 
There I was: facing a sea of faces, all looking at me with hostility and agression in their eyes. Well, that is putting it VERY over the top. There were only 10 faces and they were all kind colleagues who had come to listen to me, since I am their team leader. There could have been several more, but work and other things had come in the way. But these ten had shown up and were willing to listen. 

So, I talked about the new routes. I talked about damages, how to control them, how to report them. I talked a bit about our goals within the team and the company. We ate pizza. I got everything across I wanted to get across. There were questions when something wasn't quite understood. 

An hour and a half after starting, the meet was over. I think I did okay.

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    YAAAAYYY - I can totally see you managing this new role Mara... and I bet the word will spread and next time it will be full house!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It still feels quite alien and strange, but I am getting the hang of it now.

      Delete
  2. YAY for Team Mara!! AND you had pizza. That is a win-win for sure.
    Mom has never had Italian Ice she is excited about today.
    Hugs to Ms. Oswin, Brom and you,
    madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more in the rear view mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have pizza at every meeting, I think they'll like you no matter what you say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Team Mara!!!!!!! I'd have showed up for pizza!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!