Saturday 15 November 2014

Update

I already got the letter from the hospital over a week ago, but I just forgot to mention it. Besides, I haven't been online that much either. The good thing of course is that I now know with a 99,9% certainty what the problem is and if it is, I know the cure as well (hysterectomy)!

I suffer most likely from myomas (or uterine fibroids). That is not something I just came up with, my gp said it first. And seeing as it runs (somewhat) in my paternal side of the family, I am quite confident about that diagnosis. Of course it still doesn't explain the tennis ball (the gp after all didn't have an explanation for that), but it could just be an external one. Either way, I was referred to a gynaecologist. 

After a few days I got the letter in the post saying that they had evaluated the information they had received and thought it was necessary for me to be seen by a gynaecologist (!). I needed to be seen before the middle of December and now I have an appointment on December 9th, a week before their own deadline. 

Then earlier this week I got another letter. If I could please get in touch with the MRI people and get them to send the scan over to the hospital since they hadn't received it. They ought to watch more Sesame Street I feel (cooperate). 

In the mean time however there are plenty of other things to keep me busy. Work for a starter. My team leader activities, course work and tonight the annual company Christmas dinner. And then there are the lots of Christmas films to watch on television. Busy busy busy!

10 comments:

  1. All the best. The cat looks royal in purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Christmas dinner??!!! ENJOY.. and at last things are headed in a good direction re the health, albeit still a ways to go... awwwww lloookkk, snoozy-pussy..... sshhhhhhhhhhhh YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am glad things are heading the right way. As long as what I just wrote is true and that is the thing that will be done about it.

      And snoozy pussy has found an even better blanket. I just bought myself a royal orange one and she loves it so much, she has started kneading it. Unfortunately most of the time my legs are underneath....

      Delete
  3. I hope for you that it's done, if possible before Christmas, although you more celebrate Santa Claus ! Seems to me that you are in good hands !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm pleased to hear that you have an answer to your pain. I am sorry to hear that you will most likely have surgery but I know that you are looking forward to being pain free. Take care.....((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a relief to at least know the direction for a resolution. And think how many movies you can watch during your recuperation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And at last count my Christmas film collection contains some 260+ films.... I will have plenty to watch!

      Delete
  6. Best to have the surgery if needed. Pain killers have their own side effects.
    Glad you have found a solution to the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had polyps and fibroids. I had one surgery earlier last year, but the problem came back. My doctor told me that I had a few options. One option was to have another surgery like I had earlier in the year. Two, have a hysterectomy. The third option was out of the picture as well as option number 1. I had the hysterectomy and I can say that although I could not drive for 6 weeks, I am glad that I had it done. If I chose option number one, it is most likely that I would be having the same issues again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they will be advising me to have only the myomas removed. Especially since I have this family history as well. And there will of course be some definite advantages as well: no more periods! Can't wait for that!!!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!