Friday 8 August 2014

Slow

I think I have been absent from my blog more than I have been present in the last few weeks/months. It's not that I don't have access to the internet: I do. It's not even that I have nothing to tell you: I usually find something, however trivial. It's just that... I come home after a day's work and just don't feel like turning the computer on. I get the book I am rereading at the moment (on my seventh book right now I think), turn on the television and when it's late enough I go to bed. And of course I walk.

I have to be honest, I didn't walk every day, on Wednesday I was just too tired and worn out. But on Tuesday I walked further than my usual stretch and yesterday, while it was absolutely pouring down, I also walked. Today I won't be walking, but that has more to do with the fact that I am mowing the lawn, which means I am walking up and down and making my fair share of steps anyway. 

I have the weekend off now, which I was really looking forward to. Tomorrow there is a work-do which I will be attending. I won't be drinking however, because even though my leg is slowly getting a bit better, I am still taking pills and I have never liked mixing pills and alcohol. Besides that: drinking and driving is very much out of the question for me!

More exciting than the weekend off however, is the fact that I only have to work for two more weeks before I will be off for two weeks! Holiday is just around the corner. I will be heading 'home' for a week and I will spend the other week at home home. Like here at home. Until then however, more walking, if the weather holds up a few more lawn mowing sessions and of course more work. 

But first: weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you Mara. I have had another short hospital stay and have strict instructions to walk and drink LOTS of fluids. I love your header. Beautiful sky. We are planning our vacation which is quite close now -- but since Hawaii is getting two hurricanes on top of one another, I'm hoping there will be something left by the time we get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Sounds like you got a good routine setting up there - no bad thing! I'd walk too, but, well, y'know - (note to self, galoshes on next shopping expedition)... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the notes to self are coming thick and fast at my side as well. I got a thorough drenching the other day, so when I went for a walk in the pouring rain later on in the week, I made sure I was covered from head to toe in rain gear. And stayed dry!

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I know I don't turn my computer on as often as I use to. I'm trying to read more and listen to music. Glad your walking, that is something I should definitely be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the walking continues to help you improve especially with days off this weekend. Plus you must feel good for the 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finally noticed the difference it makes, so I do hope I can continue and not succumb to the temptation of the telly!

      Delete
  5. Good for you. It seems like you are being very dedicated to your exercise. Please send some motivation my way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been blogging either. I feel very much the same way as you do...going to try to blog today though.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!