Friday 4 July 2014

Hello Doctor

One dish
Ever since I moved to Norway, I have been amazed by several things and one thing in particular. Norwegians are fond of British television and will broadcast quite a few British programs. But, it is impossible to get the regular 'terrestrial' channels on tv here. No 'Strictly', no 'Russell Howard', no 'Mrs Brown's Boys'. And no Doctor Who!

Of course it had to be rectified. But once I got a place of my own (albeit rented) and got a satellite dish, I didn't even have Swedish or Danish tv, let alone British. And it would cost me a lot of money to get the channels I wanted. Money I didn't have. Or would rather use on something else. 

But, with my 43rd birthday just gone, the price of the whole thing not as much as I was originally told and me wanting to watch the new Doctor when he makes his entrance on August 23rd, there was only one thing for it: get a new satellite dish!

Two dishes
And I did. The dish itself was installed two days ago and today the installer came by to program the lot. I then had to sift through about a gazillion channels, many of which were the same, to get to a list containing 89 channels. I can now watch the Doctor, Wimbledon (yes Mum, you can come next year and watch your favourite), as well as a whole load of German channels. Oh, and one Dutch channel: the best of channel I think.

I think my bucket number 10 is filled. I got my dish so I can watch the BBC! Happy happy happy!!!

10 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I am certain the Doctor would have missed you, too. That must be the long awaited birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. And I think this must be the best gift ever! I am very happy with it.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Woohoooooooooooo - hehehe. That is excellent; don't forget to go to the day job though.... &*<> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I was actually thinking of watching some Jeremy Kyle. I hear he has a really good show going!

      Delete
  3. British tv is the best, or at least some of it is. We get BBC Canada, but it's pretty useless as they farm out their best programs to PBS or whomever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheer for the Canadian girl tomorrow when you watch Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you can watch the world again ! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still not caught up on Doctor Who, I doubt I'll get to the new doctor for another year or so when Netflix catches up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes!!! Wimbledon! My favorite TV all year unless the Olympics are on.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!