Monday 3 January 2011

Cavities

What a great way to start off the new year: two cavities! And before you say (or think) anything, just remember: THEY ARE THE FIRST ONES EVER!!!

Yes, you have read it correctly: I have my very first cavities at the age of 39 (and a half). I have to go back in three weeks time to get something done to them. With anaesthiaseiasiesasaaeei of course. Because having them do something not nice inside my mouth which is bound to hurt and me being squeeker number one (just ask my hairdresser), I will not have it done without anaesthiawhatever.

Things can only get better. Yes?

PS: I found the photo on the net. That mouth bears no resemblance whatsoever to my teeth. Well, apart from the lips. Which I have as well...

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! I think I could have done without that picture this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was the same way. No cavities until he was 40. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with AC, that picture is ghastly. Ugh. Couldn't even read all that you had to say. Must find a way to cover it up so I can read.
    My brother Rob was well into adulthood, maybe 30-something or even 40, when he had his first cavity. He was shocked, and when he realized his much-older siblings had been having them all our lives, he was very sympathetic.
    Part of the reason is fluoridation. When we were kids, tap water didn't contain fluoride. By the time Rob was born, it did. And dentists didn't have hygienists working in their offices when I was a kid. Children did not visit dental hygienists, even if our parents had heard of such things, which is unlikely.
    It's a whole new world you and my young brother were born into, Mara. Lucky you.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugggggggg
    so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't even look. That is really great news that it's your first. My son is that way with his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the picture to scare someone into going into the dentist! I eat far too many candies to have good teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief ... I should hope your mouth doesn't look like that!! It makes all my teeth hurt!

    Good luck with the filling. I'm sure you'll be fine, and as it's likely a very small one, you might even get away without the anaesthetic! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!