Sunday 23 August 2009

Say cheese!


More cheese today. After a morning spent in Assisi (not me, my passengers), we went on our way to Rome. But on the way there, we had to visit another cheesemaking farm. This time it was sheep's cheese. Or Pecorini as it is more commonly known in Italy. Again I did the translation, but I didn't have to wear the silly suit. The farm was hard to find: none of the roads were mentioned on my sat nav and in the end we had to be picked up by the cheesemaker.

The cheesemaker himself was on his holidays, but his sons also work there. I don't know what dad looked like, the sons looked quite yummy! As did the cheese by the way...

Tomorrow is my day off and I will be playing the tourist. Going along with the group and visiting the Vatican and Rome itself. I'm really looking forward to it. I don't have a clue as to where my coach is, I parked it somewhere, but don't know where! I just followed someone and he will pick me up when I want to collect the coach again.

Right now I will continue scratching my legs, because I think I must taste like strawberry cake for all those mosquitos out there! I've been bitten everywhere...

2 comments:

  1. Your going to the Vatican and Rome.
    How exciting. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky!
    Have a wonderful time.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!